Research Data Assistant/Analyst
Position: Research Data Assistant/Analyst
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Salary Range: $60,000 – $65,000
Posted: October 29, 2018
This position will support collaboration between the Alberta Hip and Knee Clinic and the Alberta Bone and Joint Health Institute. This position will be hired on a one-year term, with possibility for extension.
There are two main purposes for this position:
- – Research support for the Alberta Hip & Knee Clinic (Calgary): Assist in the design, execution and evaluation of research studies
- – Data analysis support for the Alberta Hip & Knee Clinic (Calgary): Assist in the development, maintenance, administration and presentation of clinic and research data
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the incumbent will work collaboratively with a research manager, clinical staff and Surgeons to support clinic research and quality improvement efforts.
Research Design and Study Execution
- – Assist in the preparation of grant applications
- – Assist in the preparation of ethics applications
- – Assist in the development of data collection tools and workflows
- – Assist in patient recruitment and data collection
Data and Quality Analysis
- – Quality improvement monitoring
- – Analysis for specific projects and/or research studies
- – Visualizing data and analyses for consumption by stakeholders of varied backgrounds (clinical, operational, research, lay person)
- – Contributes to the design of protocols defining what and when data are to be collected
- – Assists in clinic database maintenance and administration, including ensuring validity of the clinic’s data bases
- – Other analytic and reporting assignments are required
- – Minimum: Post-secondary degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analytics, Computer Science or related technical Fields.
- – Preferred: Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analytics, Computer Science or related technical Fields.
Technical Skills & Specialized Knowledge
- – Experience with large data sets
- – Knowledge to use SPSS or equivalent statistical software
- – Ability to write SQL queries to extract, review and understand data
- – Experience with reporting, data management, data analytics and visualization using market leading commercial and open source tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- – Familiarity using various basic and advanced analytical methods such as modeling and simulation, linear and logistic regression and ANOVA analysis
- – Intermediate level of familiarity with MS Excel
- – Familiarity with research design and methodology