Position: Office Clerk
Location: NW Calgary, Alberta
Job Type: Casual (flexible 8-20 hours per week on average)
Posted: December 5, 2018
Salary Range: $15 – $20 per hour, as per qualifications
The Alberta Bone & Joint Health Institute is the umbrella organization for improving bone and joint health care, research and education throughout Alberta. A not-for-profit organization and registered charity, our work is supported by partnerships with Alberta Health Services, universities, medical and health practitioners, researchers, educators, government, and private donors.
Nature of Work:
Reporting to the Director of Administrative Operations and supporting a team of busy professionals, the Office Clerk will assist with general clerical office duties, including data entry, library and Internet searches, filing, printing meeting materials and handouts, execution of direct mail campaigns, and other clerical tasks as assigned. Weekly work hours will vary based on workload fluctuations, and all work must occur on site during office hours (8:00 AM – 6:00 PM). Work schedules can be adjusted to accommodate individual preferences (e.g. school, family commitments).
Operating within a team environment the Office Clerk responsibilities include:
- Providing general clerical and administrative support to a team of busy professionals.
- Data entry.
- Performing library and Internet searches.
- Other clerical tasks, as assigned.
- High school diploma required; post-secondary students / graduates preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and focus on high quality output.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as part of a team; to self-manage workload pressures and manage multiple simultaneous deadlines in a results-oriented environment.
The following skills / experience would be considered an asset:
- Experience performing library and Internet searches (e.g. PubMed, Cochrane, Google Scholar) would be an asset;
- Familiarity with medical terminology would be an asset.