The Alberta Bone and Joint Health Institute conducts and publishes evidence reviews of specific areas within clinical practice in orthopaedics as part of its mandate to advance evidence-based bone and joint health care for Albertans. The ABJHI’s evidence reviews are generally related to areas in which it is actively engaged in developing new continuums of care, such as hip and knee replacement, soft tissue injuries and back and spine care.
Health care providers who participate with the ABJHI in developing new continuums of care are invited to submit topics for review. ABJHI will consider all submissions, particularly those related to practices for which literature is inconclusive.
Topics will be covered in a systematic review format and will be available to all bone and joint health care providers in Alberta.
Back & Spine
- Therapeutic massage for low back pain – July 6, 2006
- On the efficacy of spinal manipulative therapy for low back pain – June 26, 2006
Hip & Knee
- Perioperative Use of NSAIDs in Total Hip and Total Knee Arthroplasty Patients – October 6, 2009
- New Oral Anticoagulants – October 1, 2009
- Same-day Mobilization following Total Hip and Total Knee Arthroplasty – October 1, 2009
- Outcome of primary and revision aseptic total hip and total knee arthroplasty with antibiotic-loaded bone cement – September 30, 2009
- Prophylactics Antibiotic use in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty – August 15, 2009
- Open versus arthroscopic surgery to treat hip impingement – December 13, 2006
- Clinical effectiveness of mini-incision total hip arthroplasty – December 1, 2006
- Clinical effectiveness of two-incision total hip arthroplasty – December 1, 2006
- Metal-on-metal hip resurfacing cost-effectiveness – June 30, 2006
- Sequential Compression Devices plus LMWH for DVT prophylaxis – June 2, 2006
- Appropriateness Criteria for THA or TKA – May 17, 2006
- Ultraclean ventilation and postoperative infection following THA or TKA – May 15, 2006
- Continuous Passive Motion therapy following Knee Arthroplasty May 5, 2006